Salt Lake City Family Lawyer
Providing Legal Solutions for Families in Utah Since 2004
Family law issues, such as divorce and child custody, can be incredibly emotional, complex, and challenging for both individuals and families. The structure of your family may be changing, and the future may look uncertain. At Nelson, Taylor & Associates, our attorneys understand the immense stress you are under. Our goal is to remove some of this stress by handling the legal aspects of your case as efficiently and effectively as possible.
What Family Law Services Do We Offer?
Our Salt Lake City family law attorneys offer a variety of services, including:
- Divorce. The divorce process can be incredibly legally complex and varies on a case-by-case basis. Our experienced Salt Lake City family lawyers are here to help you identify the best path forward in your divorce, advocating for your rights in and out of the courtroom.
- Annulment. Under certain circumstances, it may be possible to annul a marriage, effectively eliminating its legal legitimacy. If you're considering a divorce or think you may qualify for an annulment, our lawyers can help you understand annulment eligibility requirements and pursue an annulment in court.
- Legal separation. Legally separating before proceeding with your divorce has a multitude of benefits. It gives you time to repair your relationship should you choose to do so or consider how you want to handle divorce-related processes like child custody, property division, etc. Our attorneys can help you understand why legal separation may benefit your case.
- Child custody. Child custody battles are often the most contentious aspect of a divorce or paternity case. Our lawyers have the tools to help you protect your parental rights and pursue your child's best interests.
- Paternity. Whether you're facing paternity accusations or are interested in establishing paternity for your child, our attorneys can help you handle your case.
- Modifications. In all likelihood, the court orders that make sense for you now won't necessarily represent your best interests later down the line. Our lawyers can help you file a modification case, changing court orders like child custody, support, or alimony arrangements to represent your current circumstances more accurately.
- Prenuptial agreements. Today, more couples are getting prenuptial agreements than ever before—and with good reason. A prenuptial agreement can help you protect your assets and ensure you have a more equitable marriage. Our lawyers can help you establish a mutually beneficial, equitable prenuptial arrangement with your partner.
- Adoptions. The adoption process can be daunting. Our attorneys are here to help you every step of the way, working with you to identify what kind of adoption works best for your needs and helping you finalize it with the Utah legal system.
- Domestic violence. Filing a protective order for a domestic violence case can be challenging. Our attorneys are here to shoulder the legal burden of your domestic violence case, fiercely fighting for your rights in court so you can focus on maintaining your mental and physical well-being throughout the process.
Our team of family law attorneys in Salt Lake City can provide innovative, cost-effective legal strategies with an in-depth understanding of the law. While we strive for agreeable case resolutions, we are fully prepared to represent you and your best interests at trial.
Why Hire a Family Law Attorney from Our Firm?
Family lawyers are legal professionals that specialize in matters related to family law. This encompasses everything from divorce and child custody to post-divorce modifications. Family lawyers can serve as mediators when a couple has disputes or litigate on their behalf in court when issues arise. Some benefits to hiring one of our Salt Lake City family law attorneys:
Represent Your Interests During a Divorce
Undergoing a divorce is very stressful and can take an emotional and physical toll on you and your family. At Nelson, Taylor & Associates PLLC, one of our Salt Lake City family law attorneys can help you work out the logistics of your divorce case and protect you in court. If your goal is to keep your divorce amicable, we can help you, and your spouse settle your differences outside of court.
Handle Estate Planning and Wills
Hiring a Salt Lake City family law attorney to help you establish your will ensures that your wishes will be upheld in the event of your death. We have the knowledge and experience to make sure your estate is taken care of so that your property will be inherited by the right beneficiaries.
Ensure You Can Work Out an Appropriate Child Custody Agreement
It can be challenging to work out a child custody agreement if two parents cannot get along. Our Salt Lake City family law lawyers can help you resolve your differences and work out an agreement that best suits your child’s needs. We can also allow parents to amend a child custody agreement as needed.
Establish a Prenuptial Agreement
One of our Salt Lake City family law attorneys can assist you with the creation of a prenuptial agreement that will protect your property and assets in the event of a divorce. It can also outline marital expectations and spousal support provisions. If you are worried about the validity of creating this document yourself, a lawyer from our firm can provide you with peace of mind by crafting it with you.
Providing Answers to Common Family Law Questions
When navigating a divorce or faced with a child custody dispute, many people find themselves with a number of questions: How will marital property be divided? Where will your child live? Will you have to pay alimony to your ex-spouse? Can a divorce decree ever be changed?
Our Salt Lake City family lawyers are here to provide the answers you need. From guiding clients through the adoption process to helping ensure their rights are guarded during a divorce to seeking swift protective orders in domestic violence situations, our legal team is here to guide you every step of the way. We prioritize compassionate, client-focused legal services because we truly care about you, your family, and your future.