Salt Lake City Probate & Estate Planning Attorneys
Helping You Plan for the Future & Navigate the Probate Process
At Nelson, Taylor & Associates, our Salt Lake City probate and estate planning attorneys offer guidance for estate planning, probate, and trust and estate administration. We have extensive knowledge of Utah probate law, and our law firm has represented numerous clients since 2004. We work to ensure that your wishes are met and disputes are resolved as quickly as possible.
Estate Planning & Administration
Careful estate planning can help ensure that your wishes are fulfilled and your property goes to the intended beneficiaries. In addition, steps can be taken to minimize expense and tax liability to the estate and your heirs. Our Salt Lake City estate planning lawyers will listen to your wishes, advise you of your options, and work to help you achieve your goals.
Our estate planning services include:
- Wills - legal documents stating how your money and property will be distributed after your death
- Trusts - a fiduciary arrangement that allows a third party, or trustee, to hold assets on behalf of a beneficiary or beneficiaries
- Advance directives - a written statement of a person's wishes regarding medical treatment to ensure they are carried out should the person be unable to communicate
- Powers of attorney - the authority given to someone to act for another involving legal or financial issues
- Modifications to estate plans - update your estate plan to keep it up-to-date with your wishes
Additionally, our law firm represents clients through the estate administration process. We can help with gathering and inventorying all assets of the estate, ensuring that all debts and taxes are paid, and distributing the assets to the intended heirs and beneficiaries. We can help settle all claims against the estate and file the necessary tax returns.
Helping You through the Probate Process
Probate can be lengthy legal process, especially for complex estates. There may be claims against the estate, challenges to the validity of the will, and other legal complications that arise during the probate process. Unfortunately, these disputes have been known to tear families apart. Our Salt Lake City probate attorneys are well-versed in Utah law and experienced in litigation to ensure that the rights and interests of our clients are protected throughout the probate process.
Please call (801) 901-7046 for help with estate planning, estate administration, or the probate process.