Family Law Attorneys in Salt Lake City
Serving Clients throughout the Region Since 2004
Family law issues, such as divorce and child custody, can be incredibly emotional, complex, and challenging for both individuals and families. The structure of your family may be changing, and the future may look uncertain. At Nelson, Taylor & Associates, we understand the immense stress you are under—our goal is to remove some of this stress by handling the legal aspects of your case as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Our Utah divorce and family law services include a broad range of legal matters, including:
- Divorce. The divorce process can be incredibly legally complex and varies on a case-by-case basis. Our experienced family lawyers are here to help you identify the best path forward in your divorce, advocating for your rights in and out of the courtroom.
- Annulment. Under certain circumstances, it may be possible to annul a marriage, effectively eliminating its legal legitimacy. If you're considering a divorce or think you may qualify for an annulment, our lawyers can help you understand annulment eligibility requirements and pursue an annulment in court.
- Legal separation. Legally separating before proceeding with your divorce has a multitude of benefits. It gives you time to repair your relationship should you choose to do so or consider how you want to handle divorce-related processes like child custody, property division, etc. Our attorneys can help you understand why legal separation may benefit your case.
- Child custody. Child custody battles are often the most contentious aspect of a divorce or paternity case. Our lawyers have the tools to help you protect your parental rights and pursue your child's best interests.
- Paternity. Whether you're facing paternity accusations or are interested in establishing paternity for your child, our attorneys can help you handle your case.
- Modifications. In all likelihood, the court orders that make sense for you now won't necessarily represent your best interests later down the line. Our lawyers can help you file a modification case, changing court orders like child custody, support, or alimony arrangements to represent your current circumstances more accurately.
- Prenuptial agreements. Today, more couples are getting prenuptial agreements than ever before—and with good reason. A prenuptial agreement can help you protect your assets and ensure you have a more equitable marriage. Our lawyers can help you establish a mutually beneficial, equitable prenuptial arrangement with your partner.
- Adoptions. The adoption process can be daunting. Our attorneys are here to help you every step of the way, working with you to identify what kind of adoption works best for your needs and helping you finalize it with the Utah legal system.
- Domestic violence. Filing a protective order for a domestic violence case can be challenging. Our attorneys are here to shoulder the legal burden of your domestic violence case, fiercely fighting for your rights in court so you can focus on maintaining your mental and physical well-being throughout the process.
With an in-depth understanding of the law, our legal team is able to provide innovative, cost-effective legal strategies. While we strive for agreeable case resolutions, we are fully prepared to represent you and your best interests at trial.
Understanding Your Rights
When navigating a divorce or faced with a child custody dispute, many people find themselves with a number of questions: How will marital property be divided? Where will your child live? Will you have to pay alimony to your ex-spouse? Can a divorce decree ever be changed?
Our Salt Lake City family lawyers are here to provide the answers you need. From guiding clients through the adoption process to helping ensure their rights are guarded during a divorce to seeking swift protective orders in domestic violence situations, our legal team is here to guide you every step of the way. We prioritize compassionate, client-focused legal services because we truly care about you, your family, and your future.
Take the first step in moving forward; call (801) 901-7046 to request a free initial consultation with an attorney at our firm.